What was theSecond World War? When and where did it take place?
- when and whereWWII took place
- about theleaders and key events and dates of the war
What was theBlitz?
- thecharacteristic features of the Blitz and what type of area was mostlikely to be affected
- to locate wherebombing raids took place
Why werechildren evacuated?
- about theeffects of air raids
- about the causesof evacuation
What was it liketo be an evacuee?
- to find outabout the experiences and feelings of evacuees, from a wide rangeof information sources
- to communicatetheir learning in an organised and structured way, usingappropriate terminology
What did peopleeat during the war?
- why rationingwas necessary
- about the impactof rationing on the way of life of people living in England duringWWII
In what otherways might the war have affected people?
- an overview ofhow the war affected people's everyday lives
- about therestrictions on people, how they suffered during the war, theircourage and resilience
What werechildren's experiences of the war?
- that the waraffected children in different ways
- that the warcreated many refugees
- about thetreatment of Jewish people during the war
What it was liketo be a child living in this area in World War II?
- where and howthe local area was affected by WWII
- how to find outabout the war in their locality from the recollections of someonewho lived through it
How did theSecond World War affect children who lived in thislocality?
- about theeffects of WWII on their locality
- to selectinformation from sources
- to compare thelocal and national experience
What has beendone since to prevent another world war?
- about conflictsgoing on today and how they affect the lives ofchildren
to makeconnections between the Second World War and today