To introducechildren to Asian folk dance as danced in Britain today.
The children willdance in a structured way, in pairs and in small groups, exploringdances originating from different parts of India.
The children will learn:
- To compose and control theirmovements by varying shape, size, direction, level, speed, tensionand continuity.
- A number of dance forms fromIndia.
- To create, practise and performmovement sequences, using a variety of stimuli music, percussion,poems, stories and art work etc.
- To structure dances with clearbeginnings, middles and ends.
- To perform simple folkdances.
- To experience open tasks where theyare responsible for deciding on a dance, redesigning it andperforming a new version.
*Footwork andstepping patterns.
*Specialdirections and travelling using clapping and clickingsounds.
*Group patternsof circles and lines.
*Partner dancesin more complex rhythmic patterns.
In small groups.
Tapes and booklet
Dance workshop Asian Folk Dancetoday
Photocopied lesson plans forweekly planning
Painted wooden sticks